Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

On the expected and what actually happens

The stress that is to come is already on my mind. There are still two days to go until it really will start. The meetings and the deliveries, the moving in and the new arrangements. I expect the uncomfortable next few weeks. Who knows now what will actually happen.

But I've learned over time, that my expectations rarely work out as planned.
I expected to study in the Netherlands, yet here I am, in the UK.
I expected to study something creative, like Design or Fashion, yet here I am, watching movies to write about them.
I expected hard work, yet here I am, with more time on my hands than I know what to do with and thus writing a blog post on a blog I've just started. 

I did not expect to have such strong reactions to one of my videos, that I'm still getting comments on it even though it's three years old.
I didn't expect to be making videos to start with. And here I am with a credit on IMDb because I helped a friend make a movie. 

I should have learned by now not to expect anything, but to just let life lead me on. Yet here I am, worried about next week, expecting...

No comments:

Post a Comment